Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
More wing flex! (Read 1745 times)
Keirtt
Ex Member

More wing flex!
May 7th, 2020 at 5:06am
Print Post  
The wing flex is so minimal it's barely noticeable. Have you all considered increasing this animation? Went through some storms this evening and it reminded me of the old days with nothing... I know it's there, but it's so minimal.

IP Logged

thaliabobalia

Re: More wing flex!
Reply #1 - May 7th, 2020 at 3:06pm
Print Post  
Quote:
The wing flex is so minimal it's barely noticeable. Have you all considered increasing this animation? Went through some storms this evening and it reminded me of the old days with nothing... I know it's there, but it's so minimal.

I think they look fine the way they are. You can really tell the amount of wing flex if you watch a landing in replay mode.

IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

Reply #2 - May 7th, 2020 at 3:23pm
Print Post  
Quote:

These "more" and "increase" sound confusing.
There's no issues with an AMOUNT of wing flex. The amount is there and it's perfect.
If you actually mean 'adding more life the wing flex animation' - the answer is yes: https://www.captainsim.org/forum/csf.pl?num=1588060100/2#2

IP Logged

Keirtt
Ex Member

Reply #3 - May 7th, 2020 at 7:55pm
Print Post  
Captain Sim wrote on May 7th, 2020 at 3:23pm:
Quote:

There's no issues with an AMOUNT of wing flex. The amount is there and it's perfect.
If you actually mean 'adding more life the wing flex animation' - the answer is yes: https://www.captainsim.org/forum/csf.pl?num=1588060100/2#2

With complete respect, your opinion of "perfect" is very subjective. I would encourage you to avoid using terms such as "perfect" for obvious reasons... I'm not knocking the product, but saying the features are "perfect" is a stretch. Sorry if my original post confused you... the point is, I can barely see any flex in the wing at any phase of flight. It's there, but not terribly obvious. I'll see if I can add some video footage in a bit. I know you'll probably hate to hear it, but look at the another company 737NGXu... that's basically what I'm looking for.

IP Logged

Alex T

Reply #4 - May 7th, 2020 at 8:12pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Captain Sim wrote on May 7th, 2020 at 3:23pm:
Quote:

With complete respect, your opinion of "perfect" is very subjective. I would encourage you to avoid using terms such as "perfect" for obvious reasons... I'm not knocking the product, but saying the features are "perfect" is a stretch. Sorry if my original post confused you... the point is, I can barely see any flex in the wing at any phase of flight. It's there, but not terribly obvious. I'll see if I can add some video footage in a bit. I know you'll probably hate to hear it, but look at the other 737NGXu... that's basically what I'm looking for.

I think you misunderstood.. they said the animation is perfect within the model, they haven't finished doing the parameters and math for actually making it bounce when its supposed to, they're working on it. Also the 737 is a terrible comparison, it's a very long span and a shorter chord in comparison to the 767. The 737's wings bounce like flapping bird wings it seems haha

YouTube  
IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

Reply #5 - May 8th, 2020 at 12:24am
Print Post  
Quote:
I can barely see any flex in the wing at any phase of flight. It's there, but not terribly obvious.

It should be 'terribly obvious'. If it's not, we'd like to see a video of takeoff run from static to liftoff pls.

IP Logged

PC Aviator

Reply #6 - May 10th, 2020 at 1:09pm
Print Post  
I'm looking at the 767 in spot view during my flight and the amount of wingflex is perfect. With regard to the animation I'm not usually looking for it as I'm too busy taking off and monitoring systems. But I understand one person's pain is another person's pleasure. On a side note, the NGXu is plagued with problems. Just visit the forums for that developer and you'll see it.

Keep in mind this is still technically in beta: more things will be imporoved and fixed as it progresses. I'm just glad to have a 767 for P3D . . . it's been too long since I've been able to fly it again. The 767 was the first simulator heavy I learned to fly so it's great to see it in the virtual skies again.

Flight Sim 1998 - Present
P3D v4, FSX, X-Plane 11
Aircraft Painter

IP Logged

AABoeing

Reply #7 - May 11th, 2020 at 2:22pm
Print Post  
The amount of wingflex is absolutely plenty...what would be nice to see is more wing animation (like on ground or in turbulence). As far as the amount of wingflex though, there is enough for sure.

Alex
CFI/CFII

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top