Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Forgive My Ignorance but.. (Read 3936 times)
Coltrane

Forgive My Ignorance but..
Jan 25th, 2013 at 10:34pm
Print Post  
I'm wondering if there's a flight tutorial I can consult to in order to operate the bird properly? I've had it for couple of days but I'm reading all the manuals and haven't flown it.. I also re read about Vor navigation and such.

Thank You

IP Logged

rservice
Beta Team

Re: Forgive My Ignorance but..
Reply #1 - Jan 25th, 2013 at 10:38pm
Print Post  
This bird is all about VOR navigation.There is extensive materia lin the MS basic instructions.
Ron

IP Logged

Coltrane

Reply #2 - Jan 25th, 2013 at 10:47pm
Print Post  
Hi,

Thank You for the quick reply. Yes, as I do the radio nav with my Carenado 172 and A2A's Mustang Civilan.. I'm aware of it. But, I want to do the step by step from switching Electrical Power and shutdown procedure correctly. I have another company 737 for fs9 too but I believe, this bird is quite different although I can just generalize the system like other 737 addons and it will likely fly..again a comprehensive flight tutorial so I can be deliberately be educated

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #3 - Jan 26th, 2013 at 7:02am
Print Post  
Hi, Coltrane and welcome to the forums.  Smiley I saw a bunch of YT videos being available. I haven't really checked them, but I guess some may deliver a start when it comes to relating the checklist stuff to the knobs and switches in the VC.

As for the VOR nav, it may help to look into the sections for the 727 and 707 as they 'suffer' from the same disease if you like. But since that's not a plane specific topic, you may find a lot of how to stuff on the Internet or just in the Learning Centre of FSX.

My guess would be that one of the first hurdles could be the AP system. Means getting used to it. If you've already downloaded the manuals from the CS site, anything further may come from here. http://www.b737.org.uk/index.htm This site gives some background on the systems and differences to the later 737 variants.

IP Logged

Coltrane

Reply #4 - Jan 26th, 2013 at 8:34am
Print Post  
Hi CoolIP Smiley

Thank You. I found that Manual Part III will guide me through the procedures. I see reviews and few AP tutorial on YT but not even a cold and dark setup, but Manual III is just enough.

I just downloaded V-One Gauge COmplete from AVSIM Library, I havent touched it as I dont have access to my sim now, correct me if im wrong, the gauge is to give Take Off data such as Vspeeds, ZFW and EPR, am I wrong?

I'm planning to have a full and thorough flight tonight as I havent got any time for it.

Cheers

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #5 - Jan 26th, 2013 at 8:59am
Print Post  
Correct. The gauge will read the GW and adjust the vspeed display and even marker position to help you determine your margins. It also adds callouts. You will see cruise EPR values but not takeoff EPR though. You could use the PDCS for those, but the device currently seems a bit touchy.  Undecided http://captainsim.org/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1335209812

The AP is unique on the use of that CWS mode. It works fine for me, but I saw folks reporting some trouble and sorta fighting it. By this, it makes sense to try a few methods to point it where you want it to go.

IP Logged

Coltrane

Reply #6 - Jan 26th, 2013 at 2:30pm
Print Post  
Hi
Thank You CoolIP.

Maybe you didn't notice but you've been helpful on the 'other' forum as we were involved in QA's regarding an add on.

I know I'm gonna have loads of good times flying this bird, thus, I keep my bad habbit roaming the support  forum and read all the threads as much my times allow, then I'll fire it up.. Been doing that to my all addon.

Anyway, I found this community has been really helpful.

Cheers

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #7 - Jan 27th, 2013 at 1:29am
Print Post  
Coltrane wrote on Jan 26th, 2013 at 2:30pm:
Hi
Maybe you didn't notice but you've been helpful on the 'other' forum as we were involved in QA's regarding an add on.

Yes, I remember. The one with the formerly sad looking avatar, right?  Smiley  Cheesy Well, if there are more questions, just shoot.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top