Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
 10 On going problem with the anamation for months!! (Read 3254 times)
Ray P

On going problem with the anamation for months!!
Sep 9th, 2012 at 1:13am
Print Post  
Hello Everyone

OK this is crazy I have tried everything so I am turning here. Has anyone has trouble with the amimation and the weather?  Sound crazy however I have been fighting for months why my anamation dosen't always work.  Finally stumbled on the weather.  On a clear day it works.
Start the weather ( weather its FSX or AS12) and it dosen't work????

Anyone have any thoughts

Ray

IP Logged

CoolP

Re: On going problem with the anamation for months!!
Reply #1 - Sep 9th, 2012 at 6:22am
Print Post  
Hi, Ray.

Which animation do you mean? There are so many on that plane.  Shocked

IP Logged

Ray P

Reply #2 - Sep 9th, 2012 at 3:04pm
Print Post  
Sorry, I guess that would help huh...I am talking about the anamation panel, The door, Airstairs, Flight Att.   When I first go to a airport and
display the flight attendant right away it works, then as the weather completly loads the flight attendant gos away. If you click the animation box again it will not work. Change the weather to completely clear and everything work perfect again..Very strange??

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #3 - Sep 10th, 2012 at 1:24pm
Print Post  
I see. Well, I haven't tested the flight attendant feature that much. But a nice find on it being weather dependent. I will check that on the next flights.

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #4 - Sep 10th, 2012 at 2:16pm
Print Post  
Ray, I've tried a few weather situations with the friendly lady standing outside. Here's the clear weather FSX startup.

Then I've loaded the current weather through the FSX dialogue with the real-time download.

The clouds are there now and the lady is still standing.

Then I've loaded some external weather program and injected the weather.

The lady remained in place. Those folks are tough, they have to deal with the passengers and the pilots.  Cheesy

What did you use to inject the weather? Or did you have some rainy day or something? So far, the animations always worked.

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #5 - Sep 11th, 2012 at 4:25am
Print Post  
I have never had a problem with the animations regardless of whether I use Clear Weather, Fair Weather or real weather (using ASE or AS2012).

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #6 - Sep 11th, 2012 at 1:57pm
Print Post  
I admit I'm waiting for the bikini dress on the stewardess when it's really nice weather.  Cheesy The plane currently lacks that feature.

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #7 - Sep 11th, 2012 at 5:25pm
Print Post  
CoolP wrote on Sep 11th, 2012 at 1:57pm:
I admit I'm waiting for the bikini dress on the stewardess when it's really nice weather.  Cheesy The plane currently lacks that feature.

Wow! That would really be taking us back to the 60's and 70's! Back to the days of my youth. Shocked

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

CoastalDriver

Reply #8 - Sep 12th, 2012 at 6:30am
Print Post  
Ray P . I have managed to reproduce the bug and problems your post was about. Here is the sequence that did it. I selected the default cold n dark flight, then loaded the flight. Loaded up with no wheels suspended in mid air. I use REX weather by the way and have never had any problems with a clash between REX and FSX and sim models loaded of any other type.

I then changed aircraft reselected another paint and reloaded aircraft (This fixed a lot of problems with the 727 which used to load up firstup with problems with sound and switches, well it still does actually and always requires a reload) the wheels were back and looked ok. Made a few changes, EP on, opened the doors and put down stairs, plugs on etc, connected ground power and brought the ship alive electrically, then saved the flight as a separate flight with the intention of using it as a start up in Oz where I do a lot of flying. I use Avalon in Victoria because it has less scenery textures and is a relatively clear area and hence does not need much graphic and texture files to be loaded as say a large capital city airport anywhere else.

I then shutdown FSX, fired up FSX again, selected the B737-200, lchanged location to the cold n dark location. I then loaded saved cold n dark flight. Then if all fell apart so to speak. Program, textures and model took ages to load with weird graphics happening, it then loaded up correct model and paint but no wheels again, escape slide at rear deployed and stewardess standing in the cold so to speak, in other words the animated bits were all over the place and not selected or saved by me.

Cockpit required all switches resetting (again) and then I brought up the animation control, the animation control would not function then froze the program then the whole kit and caboodle crashed. Great. This is about as useless sometimes as the ACE loader which never changes anything on my models despite going throught the routine with it. No longer bother with ACE either.

Tried it again, same outcome with the same cold n dark default flight.

I have my traffic etc settings to the 16/16/16 rule which means minimum load in that area (As recommded by ORBX), I have no issues if I select the aircraft and then go fly now and it will load up with engines running and electrics and hydraulics etc to be activated and switched on, flys normally and ok after that no issues.

I think there is a clash between the animations control script and the saved cold n dark files and suspect the cold n dark files are somehow corrupted. Best not to bother with them from my point of view until Capt Sim comes up with a fix or some kind soul here on the forum has a suggestion.

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #9 - Sep 13th, 2012 at 4:46pm
Print Post  
Nice research, CoastalDriver.
Quote:
I think there is a clash between the animations control script and the saved cold n dark files and suspect the cold n dark files are somehow corrupted.

Makes sense to me since I've never used one of the saved flights to start her up, but only load my flight from the free flight screen with the trike and then switch planes. So far, she always worked that way.

Markoz wrote on Sep 11th, 2012 at 5:25pm:
Wow! That would really be taking us back to the 60's and 70's! Back to the days of my youth. Shocked

Make love not war. That's the spirit!  Cheesy

IP Logged

CoastalDriver

Reply #10 - Sep 13th, 2012 at 11:22pm
Print Post  
CoolIP, yep that is the way I do it too, works ok then. I have the same problem with saved flights which are prepared by others but curiously the FUIPC saved stuff always works first up. Go figure.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top