Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Those small but annoying things... (Read 3309 times)
rfoshaug

Those small but annoying things...
Aug 30th, 2012 at 6:43pm
Print Post  
I bought the 737 yesterday and although it is a great aircraft, I feel that it's not quite as good as the 727 package when it comes to usability. Please take this as constructive criticism.

I love the fact that the aircraft is cold and dark when you load it, but what's a bit annoying is that every time I enter any menu in FSX (for example fuel and payload) and then close that menu, the aircraft resets - ie. the engines keep running but battery switch is off, engine generators are off, packs, bleed air etc is off.

Another little thing is that if you save a flight with one amount of passengers and then change the number of passengers (which changes the aircraft.cfg file so that the number of payload stations changes), FSX has a tendency to crash when loading that saved flight.

About half the time I load the aircraft, it has no undercarriage! If i reload the aircraft, the wheels are back (but the aircraft is of course cold and dark again).

When landing, the aircraft lands with the wheels floating above the runway. Try setting pitch trim all the way up and accelerate with maximum yoke at pitch up to get early rotation and you'll clearly see what I mean. Something is off in the wheel positions and/or suspension settings.

As I mentioned in another thread, I cannot find a switch (not even pressing L and swithing on all lights) that gives me white wingtip strobes. Don't know if it's simply missing or if there's some user (ie. me) error.

Aircraft handling has some issues. Pitch trim is very powerful and it'll rotate early with no yoke input when taking off with the trim in the upper (nose down) part of the green band. Some of the flight dynamics edits out there have made it better but out of the box it's not so good.

Also for framerate purposes, it should have been an option to disable all the adjustable passenger seats, window blockers etc and conserve CPU power to have the virtual cocpit update more frequently.

That said, I think the visual quality internally and externally is excellent, sound is great and it is a great aircraft to fly, if a little "unpolished" as a product.

IP Logged

bud7h7

Re: Those small but annoying things...
Reply #1 - Aug 31st, 2012 at 7:32pm
Print Post  
I may be wrong but I don't think this 200 even has strobes.

Regarding the handling issues, are you loading fuel properly? (Empty center tank unless wings are full?)

I also load cargo about 10% more front than rear.

Quote:
Also for framerate purposes, it should have been an option to disable all the adjustable passenger seats, window blockers etc and conserve CPU power to have the virtual cocpit update more frequently.

I see your point but there is a VC -only model also (no cabin). That's what I use for great framerates.

Bud Estrada i5 2500k @ 4.4 - p67 extreme4 - GTX580 - 16gb RAM - Windows 7/64 - FSX SP2

IP Logged

marvic

Reply #2 - Aug 31st, 2012 at 10:57pm
Print Post  
bud7h7 wrote on Aug 31st, 2012 at 7:32pm:

Not till the Eighties after they were retrofitted. That's why there is no switch.
Why Captain Sim put them on with the Nav lights, I have no Idea.

Cheers, Mark Win7 64bit, i5 2500K 4.2Ghz, Gigabit Z68X-UD4-BE, GSkill 12800 DDR3 8gig ram, GTX960,WD 2t, 250gb SSD, P3Dv3, GSX, REX E. EZDok, Accu-Feel, ORBX,Track IR5, Saitek PRO; Yoke, pedals, Xtra throttles & headset

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #3 - Sep 1st, 2012 at 3:35am
Print Post  
marvic wrote on Aug 31st, 2012 at 10:57pm:
bud7h7 wrote on Aug 31st, 2012 at 7:32pm:

Not till the Eighties after they were retrofitted. That's why there is no switch.
Why Captain Sim put them on with the Nav lights, I have no Idea.
Although two bright white lights (one on each of the wings) comes on when you turn the Position light switch ON, I did not think they were strobe lights because they do not flash on and off. Undecided

I'm also pretty sure that strobe lights are not included because they were no used back when the 737 original series were introduced (like bud7h7 and marvic said). Captain Sim don't usually retrofit their aircraft, so that's probably another reason for why don't see them on the 737-100/200. Wink

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

cfl02177

Reply #4 - Sep 1st, 2012 at 4:10pm
Print Post  
at this period of time, strobes were not available for aircraft.  at most they were equipped with an oscillating(sp) light within the lense positioned 
positioned between the two nav lights.  this was also true for the 727's at this time.  the two bright (white) lights on the aft side were nav lights.

IP Logged

Corporatecharters

Reply #5 - Sep 3rd, 2012 at 10:35am
Print Post  
This could definitely be serious query that you have asked regarding air charter jet

IP Logged

CoastalDriver

Reply #6 - Sep 12th, 2012 at 6:37am
Print Post  
Have to agree see also another post on this problem re start up by Ray P, all the problems go back to this model start up configuration and the animations controls. I reckon they are either corrupted or need a re-write. Not sure why but nothing I set and then save, saves properly when you reload it either.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top