Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
procedure to insert waypoints and use to IRS (Read 1953 times)
phaeton38

procedure to insert waypoints and use to IRS
Aug 13th, 2012 at 9:44am
Print Post  
SmileyHi!!
I m not very experimented to flight with waypoint!!So!a had readed manuels utilisations, but  i hav'nt see an exampel,to use  IRS and inserting -waypoints!!sorry too  much pages indeed!!
is it possible to have a simple procèdure to use IRS and  WAYPOINTS?
Sorry ,if this topic has already présented!may be you can send a link!!

congratulations for this B757-200;very good quality!  the coockpit have many functions that deserve to  be exploited
best regards  Wink

IP Logged

LOU
Beta Team

727,707,747,757,767=
40years of Boeings

Re: procedure to insert waypoints and use to IRS
Reply #1 - Aug 13th, 2012 at 9:16pm
Print Post  
There are many ways to modify the flight plan.

Try this:

Call up the CDU using SHIFT+7
In this example I have already entered a flight plan and will enter a waypoint along the way.

The boxes are called a discontinuity. You can make a discontinuity by selecting a fix or waypoint and bringing it down onto the next waypoint.
In the example above I selected YZP and brought it down on PAE. This created the space with the 5 boxes. You can now type in a fix or waypoint and place it where the boxes are.

I have typed the three letter code for the COMOX VOR UQQ. Push the button opposite the 5 boxes and the new fix will appear. BTW the buttons on the CDU are called LSK or line select keys. In this case you push LSK L-2.

Notice, the VOR UQQ is now in the place next to LSK L-2 and 5 boxes are waiting for more inputs. Also, notice the EXEC light is on which tells you that in order to save the UQQ waypoint you will have to push the EXEC button. But before you execute the save you need to close the discontinuity or open area shown by the 5 boxes. That is simple. Just press LSK L-4 next to the PAE VOR fix. That will copy the PAE fix into thew scratch pad...

Now, press the LSK L-3 to place the PAE VOR where the 5 boxes are and the flight plan is closed and ready for pressing the EXEC button to save.

Hope that helps. Play with the CDU and see what it looks like on the HSI.

Lou

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Processor: Intel Core i7-4770k @3.5Ghz Memory: 6Gb DDR3 1600mhz Video: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 Storage: 256Gb Samsung 840 Pro | 120Gb OCZ Agility 3 | WD Black 640Gb 7200rpm 55" Samsung LED - HDTV for monitor

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top