Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
 25 MS Flight is dead!!! (Read 11590 times)
Pvjinflight

Re: MS Flight is dead!!!
Reply #15 - Jul 27th, 2012 at 10:07pm
Print Post  
"According to an article on the Flight Sim.Com web site and an interview with some guy named Josh from Aces Studio's , the entire team of Aces has been let go, laid off, and Microsoft is NOT intersteaded in pursuing anything Flight Simulator related now, or in the distant future. If they choose to do so, it will be in the very Distant future, and most likely we'll all be dead, blind, in a wheel chair and or simply not breathing any longer ."

You got it a bit wrong though, ACES studio was laid off years ago when development for new FS was stopped. Some ex ACES guys were working on Flight though.

IP Logged

Christopher Low

Reply #16 - Jul 30th, 2012 at 8:52am
Print Post  
Quote:
Now all MS need to do is to make Flight Simulator 11, and I'll be the happiest man on Earth!

There is zero chance of this happening. Microsoft are out of the flightsim business for good this time.

IP Logged

Cappy

Moar fuel please

Reply #17 - Jul 31st, 2012 at 5:45am
Print Post  
Christopher Low wrote on Jul 30th, 2012 at 8:52am:
Quote:
Now all MS need to do is to make Flight Simulator 11, and I'll be the happiest man on Earth!

There is zero chance of this happening. Microsoft are out of the flightsim business for good this time.

I've never tried xplane but it would be nice too see if the old group ended up there. Flight simming on tweaked linux kernels would be awesome imho.
My gut feeling is most will end up at LM though.  Cry

Sent from my old flip phone thingy using Tapatalk HD_2016

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #18 - Jul 31st, 2012 at 6:56am
Print Post  
I tried X-Plane several times (versions 8, 9 and 10) but I don't like it.

Prepar3D, which is a different FSX, is very good and I have found it to be more stable than FSX. With some 3rd party addon developers already making their current ones compatible with P3D, that is the way I'm heading. In all honesty, I don't know which is easier to develop for, but P3D appears to be just some minor differences to FSX, maybe just as simple as redoing the installer for P3D. And you don't have all that BS about the gauges needing to be Trusted which is very annoying in FSX.

The Aerofly Flight Simulator look stunning as well, but like Flight, it only covers a small area. I am planning to buy it because I love the look of it.

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

Christopher Low

Reply #19 - Jul 31st, 2012 at 7:57am
Print Post  
The most interesting new feature of P3D for me will be the 64bit compatibility. I suffer from OOMs (out of memory errors) in FSX when flying in a handful of extremely dense scenery areas (eg. London with VFR London X and UK2000 Heathrow Xtreme at maximum detail levels), and it is annoying. This would be solved instantly if the simulator could take advantage of my 8GB RAM.

IP Logged

Pvjinflight

Reply #20 - Aug 1st, 2012 at 6:31pm
Print Post  
Yeah, currently what keeps me using FSX for now is FSpassengers addon which isn't developed anymore and doesn't work with Prepar3d... But one developer, ones who made Real Environment Xtreme are working on similar addon and probably it will be prepar3d compatible too, then I will likely move.

And yeah, I develop sceneries myself and at least in case of most sceneries you don't have to modify anything other than installer to make them compatible with Prepar3d.

IP Logged

windplayer

Reply #21 - Aug 1st, 2012 at 7:27pm
Print Post  
No kidding about it? FSPX outdated, its a good news if someone working on this kinda addon!

IP Logged

dbhally
Beta Team

Reply #22 - Aug 1st, 2012 at 10:10pm
Print Post  
you guys are scaring me, I can't believe that this topic would have anything to do with FSX.

as mentioned, Its been public knowledge since the release of FSX that MS was done with flight simulator and it was so obvious that FLIGHT was for casual gamers(I'm not one) MS made a venture, it failed, big deal...sorry.

I had a look at some screen-shots from Prepar3d and I have to say I wasn't impressed. The ones that stick out in my mind are of a 747-400 and it looked like a plastic toy Tongue it may run smooth but if the models look like that I'm out.

FSX is it imo for a long time...ya hear that Captain Sim? please don't go anywhere. Smiley

Dave

IP Logged

Captain Sim 2
CS Team

Reply #23 - Aug 2nd, 2012 at 1:13pm
Print Post  
We will not Wink

IP Logged

Pvjinflight

Reply #24 - Aug 2nd, 2012 at 6:06pm
Print Post  
"I had a look at some screen-shots from Prepar3d and I have to say I wasn't impressed. The ones that stick out in my mind are of a 747-400 and it looked like a plastic toy  it may run smooth but if the models look like that I'm out."

Prepar3d is just updated FSX and graphically its not any different from FSX. Maybe that picture was taken with Prepar3d ran on low graphics settings or just some bad freeware addon model, but sim itself is just more stable FSX at the moment.

So you can basically add all your addon aircraft and sceneries to it from FSX and they should look and work just the same way I believe, though some complicated addon airplanes could have problems, not sure.

Personally I am not going to switch to Prepar3d until it offers enough advancements from FSX and still stays compatible with most addons made for it.

IP Logged

dbhally
Beta Team

Reply #25 - Aug 2nd, 2012 at 11:07pm
Print Post  
Pvjinflight wrote on Aug 2nd, 2012 at 6:06pm:
"I had a look at some screen-shots from Prepar3d and I have to say I wasn't impressed. The ones that stick out in my mind are of a 747-400 and it looked like a plastic toy  it may run smooth but if the models look like that I'm out."

Prepar3d is just updated FSX and graphically its not any different from FSX. Maybe that picture was taken with Prepar3d ran on low graphics settings or just some bad freeware addon model, but sim itself is just more stable FSX at the moment.

So you can basically add all your addon aircraft and sceneries to it from FSX and they should look and work just the same way I believe, though some complicated addon airplanes could have problems, not sure.

Personally I am not going to switch to Prepar3d until it offers enough advancements from FSX and still stays compatible with most addons made for it.

I had to go and look again...from the prepar3d website...the FSX default stuff looks a lot better IMO.

7.jpg (Attachment deleted)

Dave

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #26 - Aug 3rd, 2012 at 2:29am
Print Post  
dbhally wrote on Aug 2nd, 2012 at 11:07pm:
I had to go and look again...from the prepar3d website...the FSX default stuff looks a lot better IMO.

The Connie for P3D is done by another company, and it seems to be exactly the same as their FSX version. Wink
Sad, but true.

P3D_connie_selection.jpg (Attachment deleted)

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

dbhally
Beta Team

Reply #27 - Aug 3rd, 2012 at 2:34am
Print Post  
I have to add that the 747-400 I was looking at was from X-plane, sorry, please excuse my confusion.

Embarrassed

Dave

IP Logged

Cappy

Moar fuel please

Reply #28 - Aug 3rd, 2012 at 3:31am
Print Post  
Christopher Low wrote on Jul 31st, 2012 at 7:57am:
The most interesting new feature of P3D for me will be the 64bit compatibility. I suffer from OOMs (out of memory errors) in FSX when flying in a handful of extremely dense scenery areas (eg. London with VFR London X and UK2000 Heathrow Xtreme at maximum detail levels), and it is annoying. This would be solved instantly if the simulator could take advantage of my 8GB RAM.

Now this makes me happy.

I have been saying for years that we've got 64-bit processors and no software. Unfortunately 99% of the population believe that all you need is a 64-bit OS. Finally a move forward from Far Cry2.

Sent from my old flip phone thingy using Tapatalk HD_2016

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top