Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Looking to Purchase - Still Flying the FS9 752 (Read 1359 times)
Robbie375

Looking to Purchase - Still Flying the FS9 752
Jul 22nd, 2012 at 1:39pm
Print Post  
Hi everyone,

I see that the CS767 is the new razz in the flightsim world and am looking to purchase it, once I've upgraded my computer.

I wanted to see what everyone's opinions are on this bird and what advancements Captain Sim has made in their aircraft since the FS9 752. Some things I've noticed with the 752 are that the FMC gives some very low approach speeds, in most cases lower then the 737. That can't be right, it's bigger and heavier so I'd assume it comes in a bit faster. Fully loaded with all my my ZFW and info plugged in, the approaches can be as low as 115kts. Another thing is that I have my X52 programmed with key assignments to disengage my AT and AP without having to let go of the stick and for a few seconds not have control of the aircraft. But with the Captain Sim 757 I get half of the AP disconnect sound and then nothing happens.

What I am looking for here is not trouble shooting for the FS9 757. What I would like to hear is anyone's opinion who has migrated to Captain Sim's FSX line of aircraft from FS9 and can let me know how the modern passenger liners are stacking up. I run FSX now with 45fps with the another company Twin Otter but when I load the CS767 demo, the frames completely dive, we're talking about 28-35fps. How many more frames can I expect to loose with all of the screens up?

Not trying to plug any one else's product here, but want to know that the 767 is the aircraft for me and I'm not about to drop money on an FS slide show Smiley

Thanks to everyone that can help!

Robbie Nauffts &&

IP Logged

Cappy

Moar fuel please

Re: Looking to Purchase - Still Flying the FS9 752
Reply #1 - Jul 23rd, 2012 at 8:40am
Print Post  
28-35fps is more than enough for FSX.

Can't say much about migrating from fs9 as I only have the FSX version.
Is it perfect? no. But what addon is on a desktop flightsim.
However I love flying it.

Get the TSS GE sound addon, it changes the machine and only for a few bucks.

PS I have both the 757/767 and the 767 is far superior. It just feels right, I know the 757 is probably the best performing airliner ever built but it feels kind of fake to me in this sim.

Sent from my old flip phone thingy using Tapatalk HD_2016

IP Logged

Robbie375

Re: Looking to Purchase - Still Flying the FS9 752
Reply #2 - Jul 24th, 2012 at 1:16am
Print Post  
Cappy wrote on Jul 23rd, 2012 at 8:40am:
28-35fps is more than enough for FSX.

Can't say much about migrating from fs9 as I only have the FSX version.
Is it perfect? no. But what addon is on a desktop flightsim.
However I love flying it.

Get the TSS GE sound addon, it changes the machine and only for a few bucks.

PS I have both the 757/767 and the 767 is far superior. It just feels right, I know the 757 is probably the best performing airliner ever built but it feels kind of fake to me in this sim.

Thanks for the reply Cappy,

What makes the Captain Sim 767 superior to the Captain Sim 757? What has Captain Sim done differently and better?

Robbie Nauffts &&

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top