Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
 25 No more updates? (Read 17484 times)
PMSoares

No more updates?
May 27th, 2012 at 2:17pm
Print Post  
Hello Guys!

Although the CS 707 is a very good model,  there are still some bugs that should have been fixed (eg. pressurization). Is there a 1.4 version being planned or is the 1.3  the last one?

IP Logged

windplayer

Re: No more updates?
Reply #1 - May 27th, 2012 at 5:22pm
Print Post  
pressurization? mine 707-300 works. 727 not, but 707 good with it.

IP Logged

TheFinn

Reply #2 - Jun 25th, 2012 at 9:07am
Print Post  
windplayer wrote on May 27th, 2012 at 5:22pm:
pressurization? mine 707-300 works. 727 not, but 707 good with it.

Could you tell me, how the pressurization is operated then? Because i always get the pressure-warning light in the overheadpanel when flying above 14'000ft...  Undecided

IP Logged

windplayer

Reply #3 - Jun 25th, 2012 at 9:42am
Print Post  
You mean the oxygen panel lights, near seatbelt sign switch? Thats not a pressure warning lights. That lights says that oxygen system is charged, so it can be used if necessary.
They should illuminate above 14 000 ft, system works automatically.

There is no pressure warning light in CS 707-300.

As for pressurization:
1 - set airfield elevation.
2 - load pax n cargo
3 - close doors
4 - takeoff
5 - clear flaps
6 - do after takeoff checklist, and there is item air cond & press.
At that moment you set pressure altitude for cabin. 6 000- 8 000 ft, and then monitor differential pressure. it should not reach limits of 9.5 or so.

For landing you operate it so your cabin pressure alt be lower then altitude you flying. pressure inside cabin must be greater than outside pressure, so doors be pushed outwards for more sealing.

Thats how i doing it, but its good to know real thing from real pilots!

IP Logged

TheFinn

Reply #4 - Jun 25th, 2012 at 10:33am
Print Post  
Cool, thank you very much! Will try it out like you described it.  Smiley

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #5 - Jun 25th, 2012 at 5:31pm
Print Post  
I have to correct windplayer on, what I think, some items and their understanding.
Quote:
You mean the oxygen panel lights, near seatbelt sign switch? Thats not a pressure warning lights. That lights says that oxygen system is charged, so it can be used if necessary.
They should illuminate above 14 000 ft, system works automatically.

That 14.000ft value is important. What is missing is the fact that it reflects the cabin altitude, not the one of the plane. You are in serious trouble when your cabin reaches that altitude and, therefore, the oxygen masks will automatically deploy ('rubber jungle!') and the system will pressurize to allow a flow of oxygen to the masks.
The overhead lights are an indicator that this has happened, so imagine some upset and 'masked' passengers in your back while you should take care of that situation and descend well below 14.000ft if the terrain allows. Some 10.000ft would be nice. Also talking about a fast descent, no easy vertical speed, but the max. safe value.

That old 707 does not use chemical oxygen generators but cylinders instead. You can read their (remaining) pressure on the FE's panel. That pressure reading will come up when being over 14.000ft cabin altitude which, unfortunately, happens a lot in the current 1.3 707.  Undecided The pressurization system is flawed and you will for example read 20.000ft and more on the cabin altitude gauge when the plane is flying high. This happens regardless of how you set up the FE's panel. I think Lou has tried to trick the flaw once, but wasn't successful.

However, you can stick to windplayer's list of course. For the sake of realism and to keep the checklist flow in shape. Just don't expect the warnings to stay away. Your cabin will always go well beyond 14.000ft and the overhead lights will illuminate. They shouldn't with a working pressurization. Lets hope 1.4 gives us one. There's hope since the current 757 and 767 updates ruled out that error and therefore stay away from warning levels.

That item is on our 1.3 bug list. http://www.captainsim.org/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1299594859

In rw terms, the problems when having the cabin that high mainly come down to only few conscious seconds without wearing a mask or with empty oxygen tanks. Hence the need to make a decision as long as your consciousness allows for valid ones.

If you're up for a very sad but in a way very informing story, look up the 'Helios Flight' here. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helios_Airways_Flight_522 When reading about the initial cause, you will look like this.  Cry Remember, there always is a chain of events to be considered though and learning about such a chain is a win coming with a high cost.  Undecided

IP Logged

LOU
Beta Team

727,707,747,757,767=
40years of Boeings

Reply #6 - Jun 25th, 2012 at 5:50pm
Print Post  
Yup, CoolP is correct. The 707 suffers from a similar code fault that the 727 has.

In the real plane, at 10,000 cabin altitude a warning horn sounds (intermittent horn). This is to alert the crew that the cabin is climbing through 10k.

At 14,000 feet CABIN ALTITUDE the masks will drop automatically. The F/E has a switch that will cause the masks to drop at any time! I have seen F/E's do this by mistake...very unhappy mechanics will show up at arrival station with heavy tools to beat the crap out of the F/E!  Angry

The highlight is to bring attention that it's the cabin altitude, not the aircraft altitude.

Lou

Processor: Intel Core i7-4770k @3.5Ghz Memory: 6Gb DDR3 1600mhz Video: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 Storage: 256Gb Samsung 840 Pro | 120Gb OCZ Agility 3 | WD Black 640Gb 7200rpm 55" Samsung LED - HDTV for monitor

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #7 - Jun 25th, 2012 at 5:55pm
Print Post  
LOU wrote on Jun 25th, 2012 at 5:50pm:
.very unhappy mechanics will show up at arrival station with heavy tools to beat the crap out of the F/E!  Angry

Grin While the FE only has that escape rope to defend himself. What a fight.  Tongue

To add, for the 727, there's a user mod for the pressurization available. Unfortunately not for the 707 so far.

IP Logged

windplayer

Reply #8 - Jun 25th, 2012 at 6:14pm
Print Post  
So if i understand, readings on F\E gauges correct in 707, but they just an "eye candy". pressurization not works. And cabin altitude reported to the sim(and 3rd party addons) different than cabin alt shown by f\e gauge? And 3rd party addons like FSPS will not work?

i using FSPS but never tried to enable pressurization there. CoolP, are you using FSPS?
Is my handling of press. correct?

P.S. Now i know why my mechanics looking at me like that every time i land  Grin

IP Logged

LOU
Beta Team

727,707,747,757,767=
40years of Boeings

Reply #9 - Jun 25th, 2012 at 7:58pm
Print Post  
The 707 pressurization panel she's a no work!  Shocked

In the above screen capture I am asking for full increase pressure using the manual controller.
All three turbos are on and the wing valves are open. The cabin is at airplane altitude.

In this photo, I even opened the bleed valves - something we never had on our 707's - along with the turbos.
The plane is level at FL310 and the cabin shows the same FL310.
The cabin differential in the second picture shows 2,2 p.s.i. when it should show zero if the cabin is at the same altitude as the plane.

I found the problem similar to the 727 and guess the code is bad for both.

Since I love to just fly the plane - both the 707 & 727 - I just don't let the F/E panel bother me since I don't feel the pressure bump in my ear and I'm still breathing without the mask...so far!  Roll Eyes

Lou

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Processor: Intel Core i7-4770k @3.5Ghz Memory: 6Gb DDR3 1600mhz Video: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 Storage: 256Gb Samsung 840 Pro | 120Gb OCZ Agility 3 | WD Black 640Gb 7200rpm 55" Samsung LED - HDTV for monitor

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #10 - Jun 25th, 2012 at 8:10pm
Print Post  
Same here. As shown in the bug list thread, the indications point out that the cabin climbs with the plane, which is normal Cheesy but shouldn't include the outside pressure drop. Well, the parts which do work are the setting on the 'automation' (you can dial in some nice cruise cabin alt there) and some needles when you are manually commanding the system (outflow valve open and close), but the vital part of the actual cabin altitude never changes to the better. As Lou says, must be the code. Gremlins don't go that high.

So you will always see your masks at around 14.000ft. Not using FS Passengers here and I guess your concerns are valid if you would enable something which judges you by the management of the cabin altitude. Maybe it helps if you get them drunk before 14.000.  Cheesy

Now I'm no xml code guy, but perhaps the actual flaw is easy to spot for somebody being familiar with those things. First of all, it should be included in 1.4 of course. I guess all gentlemen in this thread agree on that.  Smiley

windplayer wrote on Jun 25th, 2012 at 6:14pm:
P.S. Now i know why my mechanics looking at me like that every time i land  Grin

Yeah, you look kinda.. exhausted.  Grin

IP Logged

windplayer

Reply #11 - Jun 25th, 2012 at 9:06pm
Print Post  
ok. i got it. member Dutch, who partially fixed 727 press, said that he can't go far because cs used microsoft default press code, which is broken. Or sort of that kind of things.

Now another question long awaiting:

There is a two gauges below Packs - high press and low press.

What does they show, and why high press gauge comes alive only by opening engine bleed valve?

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #12 - Jun 25th, 2012 at 10:40pm
Print Post  
That pneumatic system on the 707 is pretty unique. You have the usual bleed air access to the engines, which grab pressurized air from the low pressure stage and from the high pressure one, but you also have the air compressors being attached to engine 2, 3 and 4. They receive their 'driving air' from the high pressure bleed, so you shouldn't run an engine with the engine bleed valves open and the corresponding air compressor on.

With those bleed air switches at the FE's panel, you only command the engine bleed valves of the low pressure part. Well, that's what the schematics say. So engine bleed valve open and air compressor on means that bleed air is taken away from the low and the high pressure part of the engine.

You may have noted that the #4 air compressor is recommended to go to off at takeoff. So only the inboard engines provide the air compressor driving force, while the outboards stay free of that load. You later add the third compressor but stay in that symmetrical load situation at or just after the takeoff.

On the high and low parts. Well, it depends on what you want to drive with it. Low pressure acts on the wing anti-ice system while the high pressure is provided only by the air compressors being driven by the engine (high pressure) bleeds. That part feeds the pressurization for example and provides the air flow for the ac.

If you want to play the maze game, perhaps look up some air system schematics for the 707. As the unique factors, there are no 'packs' but those air compressors or turbos and the separate ac units.

IP Logged

LOU
Beta Team

727,707,747,757,767=
40years of Boeings

Reply #13 - Jun 26th, 2012 at 1:41am
Print Post  
Just a few thoughts on the 707 F/E panel.

1. High pressure duct gauge. Used for high pressure bottle start only.
2. Not a clue! Did not have anything like this on TWA 707's
3. Another switch that goes nowhere. In the manual it says it controls the outflow valves, but how? Never saw this either on 707's. It could be a later option that some operators installed, but where is the control switch to move the outflow valve?
4. Some sort of controls for ACM (air cycle machine). TWA had Freon packs on the -300's no ACM's. The ACM's in the 727 were much more advanced. This looks like some after thought to me.
5. Engine bleed air switches? Never had anything like this. Seems like overkill. Why have bleed air and turbo compressors? Again some sort of hybrid add-on. Why would you carry around three turbos when you can bleed the engines with a switch? Remember, in an earlier post I wrote about why the 707 had turbo compressors instead of using bleed air. The reason was the evolution of the engine bleed air valve was thought to be too risky for getting clean air into the cabin. By the time the 727 came along that problem was solved. This plane could have been built later and hence the dual system. Still seems silly to carry around all the turbo stuff when you can just use engine bleed air.

It would be interesting to know what real aircraft this CS plane was modeled after.

Lou

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #14 - Jun 26th, 2012 at 2:15am
Print Post  
#5 I've got those two on the bleed air valves. If the air compressors are off, you can pressurize the system for engine starts and things. I'm looking at it as an alternate method to get some pressure into the pneumatic ducts. Does that make sense?

The #2 item gets explained here. Alternate low pressure start switch. Seems like this one is used in the case of defective starter cutout switches. They should usually drive the start valves to open and, at some 35% N2, to close. So if they are defective, the start valves won't open and no air will reach the air driven starters. Means no engine start, even with pressure in the system. The alternate start switch forces the start valves to open up and they will only close if the switch is set to off again.

#3 looks like a pressure relief thingy or something. But I couldn't find it in the docs. I'm guessing. If the pressure relief valve of the cabin fails to open while in 'auto', you can force it to open. Would make sense since it can run in 'auto' or 'open'. Cabin pressure dump alternate maybe?

The #4 items should consist of the coolant air system controls explained here. The (guarded) RAM air switch and the various switches for the valve positions. But I don't think this affects anything. The manual speaks of drag considerations though.

I mean, we could still ask these guys.  Cheesy

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top