Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
 10 Captain 767 V2.0 (Read 8761 times)
funkyaz

Captain 767 V2.0
Mar 20th, 2012 at 10:06pm
Print Post  
Hi Captain Sim,

Just a quick question. With the new 767 v2.0 you are making is it a completely start from the ground up project or just a massive update to the existing 767?

Also will there be an option for existing customers to purchase the update or new version at a discount or have to pay full price? Will it be much more stable and realistic and better modded systems as well as failures and more in depth systems making it the Ultimate 767!

Thanks for your co-operation.

Kind Regards

Duncan Odgers

IP Logged

Caribflyer

Re: Captain 767 V2.0
Reply #1 - Mar 23rd, 2012 at 6:07pm
Print Post  
I have a question too about the new 767 update....will there be or CAN there be a model with ONLY a virtual cockpit? Having both virtual cockpit and cabin takes quite a hit on performance from what I have heard....

Marlon Carter

IP Logged

NNewcomb

757-200, 767-300, 727-100,
727-200, 727F, 737-200

Reply #2 - Mar 23rd, 2012 at 7:49pm
Print Post  
Caribflyer wrote on Mar 23rd, 2012 at 6:07pm:
I have a question too about the new 767 update....will there be or CAN there be a model with ONLY a virtual cockpit? Having both virtual cockpit and cabin takes quite a hit on performance from what I have heard....

Hi, Caribflyer. Check the box I outlined in red. Make sure you run the ACE as an ADMIN!

—Nick&&&&Dell Inspirion 15R | Intel Core i5 @ 2.5 Ghz (Up to 3.1Ghz) | 6GB DDR3 @ 1333Mhz | Intel Graphics HD 3000 | 750GB HDD | Windows 7 Home Premium

IP Logged

flightsimcreator

Reply #3 - Mar 24th, 2012 at 3:17am
Print Post  
That menu looks really nice so far.

IP Logged

LOLcakes

Reply #4 - Mar 24th, 2012 at 11:44am
Print Post  
Massive update? *hinthint*option to have 767-400 gauges on the -300 *hinthint*

IP Logged

funkyaz

Reply #5 - Apr 9th, 2012 at 6:01pm
Print Post  
Please Captain Sim,

Can you build a stable 767 and let us know what features are going to be present in the new 767 v2.0 because the v1.5 is almost unflyable on long haul.

Kind Regards

Duncan

IP Logged

dbhally
Beta Team

Reply #6 - Apr 10th, 2012 at 9:48pm
Print Post  
funkyaz wrote on Apr 9th, 2012 at 6:01pm:
Please Captain Sim,

Can you build a stable 767 and let us know what features are going to be present in the new 767 v2.0 because the v1.5 is almost unflyable on long haul.

Kind Regards

Duncan

I've had an issue recently trying a long haul route in the CS767-200, Newark to Ben Gurion and by the time I get over the UK or mainland Europe, the sim goes crazy if I switch to exterior view. The exterior textures disappear, all I see is the cockpit windows and the lights just before FSX crashes. I did a repair of FSX and the CS767-300/200 and tried it again with the same results. I just did a test flight in the default 747...all night long KSFO to VHHH and no issues changing views.  I'm going to try some other things and see if I keep having the problem, I was using an addon texture, I'm going to try it in one of CS's.

if there is a plan to do a 767 2.0...I haven't heard from CS on this, unless I missed something.

please model the different engines for the interior views. I added the engine DDS cs767_10_T and couldn't figure out what was wrong, textures were not lined up, was because I was using the GE details...you can only see P&W engines from the cabin view. It sure would be nice to see the GE's or more importantly the RR's out there.
Smiley

I've mentioned this in other threads, it would be nice to have the shorter 200 interior too, and to fix the wingtip lights not lining up...I know CS is aware of this. Another thing I would fix on the 200 exterior model is the emergency exits, should be only one on each side over the wings. The only other thing I can think of that would be nice to have would be the different models included, the original 200 AND the 200ER, same with the 300, that would be awesome.

here's to hoping, thanks Smiley

Dave

IP Logged

maxam

Reply #7 - Apr 11th, 2012 at 7:14pm
Print Post  
dbhally wrote on Apr 10th, 2012 at 9:48pm:
funkyaz wrote on Apr 9th, 2012 at 6:01pm:
Please Captain Sim,

Kind Regards

Duncan

I've had an issue recently trying a long haul route in the CS767-200, Newark to Ben Gurion and by the time I get over the UK or mainland Europe, the sim goes crazy if I switch to exterior view. The exterior textures disappear, all I see is the cockpit windows and the lights just before FSX crashes. I did a repair of FSX and the CS767-300/200 and tried it again with the same results. I just did a test flight in the default 747...all night long KSFO to VHHH and no issues changing views.  I'm going to try some other things and see if I keep having the problem, I was using an addon texture, I'm going to try it in one of CS's.

if there is a plan to do a 767 2.0...I haven't heard from CS on this, unless I missed something.

please model the different engines for the interior views. I added the engine DDS cs767_10_T and couldn't figure out what was wrong, textures were not lined up, was because I was using the GE details...you can only see P&W engines from the cabin view. It sure would be nice to see the GE's or more importantly the RR's out there.
Smiley

I've mentioned this in other threads, it would be nice to have the shorter 200 interior too, and to fix the wingtip lights not lining up...I know CS is aware of this. Another thing I would fix on the 200 exterior model is the emergency exits, should be only one on each side over the wings. The only other thing I can think of that would be nice to have would be the different models included, the original 200 AND the 200ER, same with the 300, that would be awesome.

here's to hoping, thanks Smiley
You should post a new topic if you are having issues.  What do you mean by crazy?  Does the sim spin, lock up?  You should provide more info than just that.  As for disappearing textures, have you added this to your fsx.cfg?

[GRAPHICS]
HIGHMEMFIX=1

Give it a try and see what happens.

Robert CYVR

IP Logged

dbhally
Beta Team

Reply #8 - Apr 11th, 2012 at 7:41pm
Print Post  
Thank you Maxam,

I'm not sure what my issue is but when I said crazy I meant the graphics went out, not sure how to explain it but it was what I would think an acid trip would look like, from the external view, when panning, the last frame would still be there behind the new one giving it a fan type of effect and then the whole screen was flashing on and off very quickly...

I recently formatted the HD on my new W7 PC and it was a first and I may have gotten it wrong...i.e. not installing chipset driver FIRST is at least one mistake I realized I made since I posted my 767 issue here. Hopefully I did it right this time and I'm testing it now...going over install guides and my settings to make sure I'm stable before I start adding CS aircraft.

high mem fix?

I'm not sure I've edited this file before, FSX.cfg...looking in my FSX root folder and I'm not sure where it is...

I should add that it was more than likely a problem I created,

Thanks again

Dave

IP Logged

maxam

Reply #9 - Apr 11th, 2012 at 9:18pm
Print Post  
Yes not installing drivers could be an issue, by guides do you mean Nick N's?  You may have to reformat and start from scratch.  However, if you wish to avoid that then add the highmemfix.

In Win7 the fsx.cfg is found here:
C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX

Add the HIGHMEMFIX=1 under [GRAPHICS]

There are numerous other settings like [BUFFERPOOLS] that you  can add, check your PM's

Robert

Robert CYVR

IP Logged

dbhally
Beta Team

Reply #10 - Apr 13th, 2012 at 4:47am
Print Post  
it was something I did, more than likely. Now after re-formatting my HDD and following install guides for CPU, FSX and latest GPU drivers I did a flight in the CS767-300 from KEWR to EGLL and all is well...not one thing I can think of that was out of place or not right.

Next I will test the 200

looks like i got it right...767-200...

ksfo to rctp 13.5hrs and no issues Smiley

totally operator error Embarrassed

Dave

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top