Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Missing IRS, Air bleed and another panel. (Read 5727 times)
skydiver1

http://

Missing IRS, Air bleed and another panel.
Feb 20th, 2012 at 7:31am
Print Post  
Hi  everyone,   I have had CS 767 Captain almost a year and just recently developed a problem.  My overhead panel is missing about 3 panels-   The IRS, the Air Bleed and something else.  I also can't bring up the direct IRS panel.  I have the another company  FSX boxed version with ver 1.4 and have already downloaded and installed ver 1.5 and it appeared to be  working properly until recently.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled ver 1.4 but problem still persist.   I have seen another post with a similar problem and he was referred to tech support but it  is unknown if problem was resolved.  I have a ticket #7923 with CS but I am wondering if anyone has seen this problem and is there a fix?  Thanks in advance and my apologies to the CS admin if my post is improper.  Thanks again.   Undecided  

&&

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Re: Missing IRS, Air bleed and another panel.
Reply #1 - Feb 20th, 2012 at 11:54am
Print Post  
You might need to uninstall the 767 and remove the registry entry (as explained in KB #685) to fix the problem.

Mark

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

NNewcomb

757-200, 767-300, 727-100,
727-200, 727F, 737-200

Reply #2 - Feb 20th, 2012 at 7:51pm
Print Post  
skydiver1 wrote on Feb 20th, 2012 at 7:31am:
Hi  everyone,   I have had CS 767 Captain almost a year and just recently developed a problem.  My overhead panel is missing about 3 panels-   The IRS, the Air Bleed and something else.  I also can't bring up the direct IRS panel.  I have the another company  FSX boxed version with ver 1.4 and have already downloaded and installed ver 1.5 and it appeared to be  working properly until recently.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled ver 1.4 but problem still persist.   I have seen another post with a similar problem and he was referred to tech support but it  is unknown if problem was resolved.  I have a ticket #7923 with CS but I am wondering if anyone has seen this problem and is there a fix?  Thanks in advance and my apologies to the CS admin if my post is improper.  Thanks again.   Undecided  

Sounds like you don't have FSX SP2 installed. I had this problem with the 757 and it was fixed when I installed SP2. Here's a link: http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=8986

—Nick&&&&Dell Inspirion 15R | Intel Core i5 @ 2.5 Ghz (Up to 3.1Ghz) | 6GB DDR3 @ 1333Mhz | Intel Graphics HD 3000 | 750GB HDD | Windows 7 Home Premium

IP Logged

skydiver1

Reply #3 - Feb 21st, 2012 at 8:27am
Print Post  
Hi Mark and NNewcomb,  Thanks for your quick replies.  NNewcomb,  I do have the FSX SP2 installed unless for some reason FSX doesn't recognize it now- can it be reinstalled with messing anything up?  Hmmm...    Mark,   How do I look up KB#685?  Undecided  Thanks in advance  and again my thanks to both of you for your help.

&&

IP Logged

oskiatl

Reply #4 - Feb 21st, 2012 at 5:59pm
Print Post  
I had the same problem, and had to do a complete reinstall of FSX to fix the problem. Make sure you clean your registry out because that's the only wat you will get a clean uinstall. I haven't had any problems with it except the swaying I get when attempting an autoland, if I can some help with that issue I would be greatful.

IP Logged

NNewcomb

757-200, 767-300, 727-100,
727-200, 727F, 737-200

Reply #5 - Feb 23rd, 2012 at 2:47am
Print Post  
skydiver1 wrote on Feb 21st, 2012 at 8:27am:
Hi Mark and NNewcomb,  Thanks for your quick replies.  NNewcomb,  I do have the FSX SP2 installed unless for some reason FSX doesn't recognize it now- can it be reinstalled with messing anything up?  Hmmm...    Mark,   How do I look up KB#685?  Undecided  Thanks in advance  and again my thanks to both of you for your help.

Try uninstalling SP2 and re-installing it. If that does not work, You can try repairing FS with the disc, and as a last resort you can uninstall and re-install FS all together.

—Nick&&&&Dell Inspirion 15R | Intel Core i5 @ 2.5 Ghz (Up to 3.1Ghz) | 6GB DDR3 @ 1333Mhz | Intel Graphics HD 3000 | 750GB HDD | Windows 7 Home Premium

IP Logged

skydiver1

Reply #6 - Feb 23rd, 2012 at 8:28pm
Print Post  
Hi everyone,   Thanks for all your help.  I deleted the Capt sim entry in the registry and then  full uninstall and reinstall of FSX and CS767 plus all my other add-ons.  I also defragged after I uninstalled FSX.  The problem is now fixed but  I don't what caused the problem in the first place.   I initially just reinstalled SP2 but that caused more problems.  I probably should have uninstalled it first or maybe I should have uninstalled and reinstalled both SP1 and SP2 first- Hmmm......  Undecided      Could installing another add-on ( Like another B767 or a B757) cause this problem?  Also,  I believe from past experience that a repair of FSX usually results in having to reinstall all FSX add-ons anyway.  But next time This happens (Hopefully it does'nt.) I will try the steps mentioned  before a full smash.   Thanks again.   Smiley P.S. Mark,  I did find the kb# you mentioned but the steps were not successful but thanks anyway.

&&

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top