Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
757 Cabin (Read 6642 times)
spenser

757 Cabin
Apr 2nd, 2008 at 8:17pm
Print Post  
I ordered the 757 base pack for FSX, and I was wondering if it is possible to walk around in the cabin. If so, how??? Another question I had was how does the aircrafts heading work. When I choose a heading, the aircraft fails to change direction.

Thanks,
Spenser Critterton

IP Logged

Longhornmaniac8

Re: 757 Cabin
Reply #1 - Apr 3rd, 2008 at 4:11am
Print Post  
Spenser,

I can't help you with the first part, but to change a heading, and select it, you must set the desired heading, and then RIGHT CLICK on the heading select knob, if I remember correctly.

Give that a shot.

Cheers,
Cameron

IP Logged

b757200

Reply #2 - Apr 3rd, 2008 at 5:07am
Print Post  
spenser wrote on Apr 2nd, 2008 at 8:17pm:
I ordered the 757 base pack for FSX, and I was wondering if it is possible to walk around in the cabin. If so, how??? Another question I had was how does the aircrafts heading work. When I choose a heading, the aircraft fails to change direction.

Thanks,
Spenser Critterton

You need a 3rd party "camera" addon that allows you to do that. There's 3, 2 commercial that i would recommend and 1 free that is very basic. Search around since i doubt we can link you or tell you the actual names.. forum rules and all that

IP Logged

spenser

Reply #3 - Apr 3rd, 2008 at 9:38pm
Print Post  
Thanks, another question about the 757, is it usual for the system to shut down after 15-20 minutes after takeoff. The screen will freeze, and you have to minimize it, and on the screen is a message concluding that the computer has run out of avialable memory, and then FSX shuts down. I understand that the 757 base package is not for vista, and may encounter problems, I took the chance, and am wondering if their is a way to avoid this. It is hard to find an IFR flight under 15 minutes. If not, thanks anyway.

Spenser Critterton

IP Logged

b757200

Reply #4 - Apr 5th, 2008 at 12:18am
Print Post  
spenser wrote on Apr 3rd, 2008 at 9:38pm:
Thanks, another question about the 757, is it usual for the system to shut down after 15-20 minutes after takeoff. The screen will freeze, and you have to minimize it, and on the screen is a message concluding that the computer has run out of avialable memory, and then FSX shuts down. I understand that the 757 base package is not for vista, and may encounter problems, I took the chance, and am wondering if their is a way to avoid this. It is hard to find an IFR flight under 15 minutes. If not, thanks anyway.

Spenser Critterton

You might need more ram in your computer...

IP Logged

spenser

Reply #5 - Apr 5th, 2008 at 7:12pm
Print Post  
Wouldn't 2 gb be enough??? It seems to time its self, it doesn't matter if i'm over the Atlantic or the mountains, it seems to shut down in about 15 minutes. Questioning

Thanks,
Spenser

IP Logged

trisager

Reply #6 - Apr 12th, 2008 at 8:05am
Print Post  
If you did not do this already you should change the default allocation of virtual memory under Vista - the default 2GB system / 2GB application does not work well with FSX.

Assuming that you have a 512MB graphics card, try this:

* Open a command prompt with administrator rights ("Programs" "Accessories" "Command prompt" right click and select "run as administrator")
* Enter "bcdedit /set IncreaseUserVA 2816" (without quotes) in the command window and press enter.
* Restart windows

Now try your flight again and see if the problem is solved.

If you have a graphics card with different size memory, you should calculate the value to use instead of "2816" as 4096-(768+graphics memory). Eg with 256MB graphics ram you get 4096 - (768+256) = 3072. This leaves a reasonable amount of virtual memory for the operating system.

This change applies to all programs running on your computer, but only some applications can take advantage of the additional virtual memory space. If you run into problems you can always revert to the default be using the steps above with the default value of "2048".

Btw, this is regardless of the amount of physical memory installed - with 2GB physical memory you still have 4GB virtual memory.

Good luck,
Tom

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top